CanadasBookie’s strives to innovate and provide the best gaming solutions to all it’s customers. A recent add-on to our robust gaming webapp applications is our own poker games. This popular game has millions of fans and players around the world and all of CanadasBookie.com players can enjoy the always exciting game of Texas Hold’em. You can quickly transfer funds form your sportsbook account to the poker games, we made it simple for all our players to you can focus on having a good time at the poker tables.
Poker Games Rules
Poker has many variations, many of which are very popular like: Texas Holdem, Omaha, Sever Card Stud, 2-7 Triple Draw. The most popular by far is Texas Holdem. CanadasBookie.com gives you the opportunity to play Texas Holdem where ever you are due to the flexibility of our poker room platform. All computers and mobile devices are compatible.
In all poker games there is a communal “pot” that is build with the wagers that all players out on the table. This communal pot is awarded to the player or players with the highest hand.
In Texas Holdem players share their cards with the community card games in order to connect cards and build the strongest hand.
- Check: players can check at any time when during a betting round if no other players bet. When checking the action moves to the player located to the left until it reaches the big blind. If all players check a round will be considered complete and it will move to the next round.
- Bet: any player can bet when it’s his/her turn. Once a player wagers the player located to the left will have to make the decision to check, call or raise the bet.
- Fold: a player can fold when his turn comes up and by doing so he/she is totally out of the communal pot.
- Call: if a player bets the next player get to choose if he/she wants to match the amount wagered, if he/she decides not to match the amount the only option available is to fold.
- Raise: when a player bets on any particular round all players on the take can either match the amount, fold or match the amount an raise the wagered amount.
Each betting round in considered complete after each player has met the wagered amount or has folded. After the round is over the dealing/betting round begins.
After the last round is over and several players are still participating in the hand all players will show their cards to determine who the winner is. Players have to option to “muck” the cards. * Muck: not show the cards they were holding.
Texas Hold’em became popular with the new generations thanks to televised tournaments. This TV shows sky rocked its popularity to make Texas Hold’em the most popular game in casinos worldwide and in online poker rooms.
Before jumping to the gun and sitting down at a Texas Hold’em table you have to know the rules, otherwise someone will walk from the table with your money.
First of all, every player at the table will be given two private cards. These cards are known as “hole cards”. After every player is given the personal cards the dealer places 5 community cards on the table, these cards are called “the board”. Every player in the hand can use these cards in combination with their hole cards to make the best possible poker hand.
The blinds form an important factor that helps “the pot” get started. The person sitting to the right of the dealer will have to put up an amount called the “small blind” and the following person on the same direction will have to double the amount and that one is called the big blind. The following people will get to see their personal cards for free. If a person wishes to stay in the hand they will have to equal the biggest amount wagered by any of the players at the table.
Each player at the table has several options during each betting round. The possible actions for all players are: fold, call, check, bet, and raise.
- Fold: return cards to the dealer.
- Call: bet the amount requested to stay in the hand.
- Check: since players before did not bet, checking will keep the player in the hand without betting
- Bet: move chips towards the center of the table.
- Raise: increase the wager made by another player involved in the hand.
All the players on the table except for the small blind and big blind get to see the hole cards for free and then decide how to proceed, either by betting the amount equal to the big blind, raising the amount wagered or by folding.
Known as the turn, it’s the forth community card on the board. Once the previous betting round is over the turn card is made visible to all players and the new betting round starts.
The last card on the board is known as the river. Once this card is made visible to all players the last and final betting round starts.
If there are more than one player involved in the hand the showdown will take place. The last player that wagered or raised will have to show its cards. If there was no bet on the last round the last person to have wagered on previous round will have to show its cards.
The player with the best hand combination between hole cards and the board will be declared the winning hand. All suits have the same value in Texas Holdem.